Hello! My name is Heather Finn, and I’m a writer, social media editor, and creative based in New York City. My first love is content creation, but true crime podcasts and chai lattes are close seconds.
Content Strategy Editor, GoodHousekeeping.com
- Pitch and write regular entertainment news articles and explainers.
- Guide the team's social strategy with regular reporting and presentations.
- Manage the brand's social pages, including Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Assist in pitching and creating videos for the brand's various platforms.
- Work with other editors to strategize around new ways to diversify our traffic sources.
Associate Social Media Editor, GoodHousekeeping.com
Jan. 2018–Dec. 2018
- Created and scheduled daily editorial + video lineups for all social platforms.
- Managed the brand's Instagram account, including feed and story franchises and strategies.
- Provided reporting on trends, traffic, engagement, and other metrics across social platforms.
- Pitched video ideas, wrote scripts, and created videos in Adobe Premiere.
- Assisted with produced video shoots, as needed.
Assistant Social Media Editor, GoodHousekeeping.com + HouseBeautiful.com
May 2017–Dec. 2017
- Helped editors to define and refine the daily editorial lineup for HouseBeautiful.com.
- Created and scheduled social-first content for HouseBeautiful.com's social media platforms.
- Used analytics to inform changes in HouseBeautiful.com's social strategy + daily content mix.
- Transitioned role from strictly post curation for HouseBeautiful.com to video curation + creation for both brands by studying strategy, writing scripts, and learning Adobe Premiere.
University of Missouri – Columbia
Class of 2016
- Majored in Journalism, with an emphasis in Magazine Editing.
- Minored in Business, Psychology, and Textile & Apparel Management.
Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Dash Hudson, SocialFlow, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Social media packaging, SEO, Basic photo and video editing, Basic HTML