Hello! My name is Heather Finn, and I’m a writer, editor, and creative based in New York City. My first love is content creation, but true crime podcasts and chai lattes are close seconds.
Associate Social Media Editor, GoodHousekeeping.com
- Create and schedule daily editorial + video lineups for all social platforms.
- Manage Instagram, including feed and story franchises and strategies.
- Pitch video ideas, write scripts, and create memes and some clip-based videos in Adobe Premiere.
- Assist with produced video shoots, as needed.
- Worked on HouseBeautiful.com's social platforms until April 2018..
Assistant Social Media Editor, GoodHousekeeping.com + HouseBeautiful.com
May 2017–Jan. 2018
- Helped editors to define the daily editorial lineup for HB.com.
- Created and scheduled social-first content for all of HB.com’s platforms.
- Used analytics to inform changes in HB.com's social strategy.
- Transitioned role from strictly post curation for HB.com to video curation + creation for both brands by studying strategy, writing scripts, and learning Adobe Premiere.
Freelance Assistant Web Editor, DrOzTheGoodLife.com
Oct. 2016–May 2017
- Pitched and wrote daily news, plus evergreen articles and galleries.
- Selected articles to clone from sister sites and edited for style + voice.
- Managed the brand’s social platforms, with an emphasis on Facebook.
- Edited news items or larger evergreen galleries, as needed.
- Became the site's most-read author.
University of Missouri – Columbia
Class of 2016
- Majored in Journalism, with an emphasis in Magazine Editing.
- Minored in Business, Psychology, and Textile & Apparel Management.
Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, SocialFlow
Social media packaging, Basic HTML, Basic video editing, Graphic design & illustration